Getting your business ready to sell
Preparing the business for sale is an important first step. But for many business owners, unless you have sold a business before, knowing where to start is a challenge. To help you take that first step with confidence, our commercial team offers a free legal audit of your business.
With an in-depth understanding of your business, combined with your reasons for selling and what you want to achieve from the sale, our team of experts can guide you through the process with a range of services including:
- Explaining the business disposal or exit options that are available to you and the pros and cons of each, including tax considerations
- introducing you to third parties who can assist with the marketing process and find prospective buyers
- If necessary, clarifying the ownership of the business and reviewing any outstanding share options
- Updating your corporate and commercial agreements, to minimise risks and potential liabilities for you and potential new owners
- Resolving any existing disputes
- Ensuring you are complying with all regulatory requirements and keeping all records up to date
- Structuring your exit or sale
- Representing your interests, supporting you in the sale process and ensuring the right legal documents are in place for a smooth sale whilst limiting the risk of future claims
- Preparing you for life beyond sale, including personal tax planning and financial advice
Next steps: get in touch
If you need legal advice to help you prepare your business for sale contact our team of experts on: 0800 533 5349 or email@example.com
Meet the team
Frequently asked questions
In general, business owners need to begin planning at least three years before they intend to exit or sell their business. But it is really never too early to have an exit strategy.
The price earnings ratio (P/E ratio) is the value of a business divided by its profits after tax.