This week is National Apprenticeship Week – a time to highlight the positive impact apprenticeships can have on individuals, businesses and the economy. If you are looking to hire a new member of your team, why not consider an apprenticeship?
Some things to remember:
- Apprentices must be aged 16 or over,
- must be paid at least the minimum wage and
- be given time for training or studying during their working week.
Benefits for employers include:
- a range of apprenticeships available to suit your business,
- support from apprenticeship training providers,
- access to funding for training and other costs.
To start your journey to hiring an apprentice, reach out to HR Consultant Lucy Cotterell today. We can help you advertise your apprenticeship, find an appropriate apprenticeship training provider, draft an employment contract/apprenticeship agreement appropriate for the role, along with advising on selection and onboarding processes to help make the best start.